Thursday 22 November 2007

I work in Enterprise 1.0 - It's a long road to Enterprise 2.0

OK so for the last year or so I have been experimenting with all types of Web2.0 stuff....without really knowing anything about it!

LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, Shareslide, Basecamp, goplan, del.icio.us, Zoho Office 2.0 to name a few of my favourites!

I love these sites. When you get used to the flexibility of these tools at home.....you wish you could use them at work. So I want to take some of these tools and the overall social computing concepts and try to implement them into a large multinational Enterprise 1.0 environment. The benefits are clear but the adoption of new technology can always be a challenging sell!.....So the challenge is ahead. First step was to get buy-in from a small team of early adopters....The eCommerce Team!

The first tool will be SPS.....so not quite Enterprise 2.0 yet.

When I think SPS I think happy medium! It's a big step up from the old intranet that was impossible to maintain!! but its still clunky and slow....oh and seriously lacking in true collaboration functionality.

I hope to share some more thoughts and experiences soon......

My favourite "Meet _____" presentation:




No comments: